Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms - Triggering new page ( Page-break)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have to incorporate the logic for the below scenario in smartform. The requirement is like :-

I am displaying table contents in Main window. The display should be as below.

1. If the number of entries in table is 5, 4 items should be displayed in first page , 5 th item should be

displayed on second page.

2. If the number of entries in table is 6, 5 items should be displayed in first page, 6 th item should be

displayed on second page.

4.If the number of entries in table is 15, 5 items should be displayed in first page, next 9 items should be

displayed on second page, last item should be displayed on third page.

3. If the number of entries in table is 20, 5 items should be displayed in first page, next 10 items should

be displayed in second page, next 5 items should be displayed on third page.

This scenario is because of the signature in the footer which should be always displayed along with the

last record.

Currently we have 2 pages in which the same main window is used. so, whatever changes done in main window will reflect in both the pages.

We tried introducing a flag and a COMMAND ( Go to next page ). But it is not working .

Please give ur inputs.

Regards,

Hari.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

use DESCRIBE to get the length(len) of the internal table whose data u r displaying.

In ur main window for table take a counter variable say i and increment it by one for every loop and in the command , give the condition that i = len-1. I think it shd work

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

use DESCRIBE to get the length(len) of the internal table whose data u r displaying.

In ur main window for table take a counter variable say i and increment it by one for every loop and in the command , give the condition that i = len-1. I think it shd work