Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms Loop issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing problem in smartforms loop, where I am getting text from read text function. IT line getting 12000 line, when I try to print all line items via loop object then it will print only 389 rows. I also increase the TO ROW limitation in fact I tested to make blank TO ROW field of loop. whenever I increase the to row field above 389 then form is not displaying any thing. But user require to print more than 389 rows.

Any advice please?

regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member289261
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try including the text directly via "Include Text" node instead of using READ_TEXT function ?

15 REPLIES 15

former_member289261
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try including the text directly via "Include Text" node instead of using READ_TEXT function ?

0 Kudos

Thanks Ashish for your reply.

yes tried via include text but result is same. 

0 Kudos

I hope If you use include text. It will display entire data.

May be some condition is triggering in Some where in the condition.

Can you do a small thing. Design small layout. Just include the Text. And check it.

You can know easily. Whether Old layout having any conditions.

0 Kudos

One more thing, I could not be able to print include text with in table tool in smartforms.

regards,

syed tayab shah

0 Kudos

Data will Come definitely,You have to pass Correct input parameters  .

0 Kudos

When I place include text out of the Table then it is printing, and when place into the table 20cm line width then it is not printing.

Please tell why it happening?

regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

0 Kudos

20cm i enough some thing is there in your layout.

I am using 7cm only, but working. Have you used any paragraph format. in include text. like below attached image.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your cooperation.

One thing I notice that, number of lines of text include is 12000, when I make shorter like 100 then it is displaying text properly but in 12000 lines that are actual text is not printing.

Is it any line limitation of text.

Please see the image for your reference.

thanks once again.

regards

syed tayab shah

One more thing I notice that in Table tool, it print only 389 line of include text.

Is any line limitation in Table tool.

0 Kudos

I hope some problem is there . Please you need to apply below method.

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/blog/2013/07/09/overcome-smartforms-text-limitation-of-255-charact...

0 Kudos

Thanks NewB,

I would like to share something with you, it the issue of height of TABLE control cell. Smartforms allow maximum of heights of cell is 172cm, if cell height is higher than it would not print smartform. In my case I may had 4000 line with specific style it is crossing the height limitaion. The solution of this issue is I have to print this text via loop control and split it to different loop. Each loop should set from and to parameter as maximum value. In my case I had created 14 loops and each loop have its own line of table.

hope understand my point.

But I great full to you for this type of support.

regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where did you  placed your text, in secondary window or main window?. Space consistency may be the cause for this truncation. Check it.

0 Kudos

but for this reason how do I control?

I had define table and print text of table via loop control in main window. since number of rows of IT is dynamically, if the space is not available then rest of row should print to next page.

that is not happening.

regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Update Please.

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tayab

Did you try to create a text module and then read that using Text module dropdown option

It should  work

Regards

Vinita

0 Kudos

I am printing dynamic text, which read from read_text function module. can we print this text via text module?

regards,

Tayab Shah