Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart form ; Misalignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a problem with smart form alignment. A Variable is assigned to a line in the page on the left side and a static text on the right side of the same line. Whenever the value of the variable changes(bigger value) the static text in the right side comes down to the next line .How should I overcome the Problem?

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you know the exact row (position) at which the static text is to appear then instead of using it in the same window as the variable, create a new window which contains only the static text.

This way the position of your static text will not change.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should know the variable size exactly.

Create a new window and place that window exactly where you want to print that page number.

For Example suppose variable size is 10char,

page width is 25 & height is 30,

then in Page window output conitions provide upper margin as 25

left margin as 15

height as 02

widht as 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu gopal,

Create the smart style for the paragraph format or character format and assign to the text and display.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

First go the domain of that variable you are printing, find out what is the maximum output length

Accordingly provide the space.

Regards,

Jaya ramakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

well thinkin a bit i come to the close that you should have the variable on the left of alignment rightn and the static text on the right as alignment left. your Problem will stop then.

if your variable has a right alignment it can only grow to the left, means not into the area where your have your tabstop of your static text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this.

Create a paragraph format in the smartstyles. In that paragraph format make use of tab positions as per your requirement which prevents the use of othe window for the same line.

Hope this may be helpful.

Regards,

Sharin.