Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump while raising error message in BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am implementing the BADI 'MB_DOCUMENT_BEFORE_UPDATE'  and raising the error message type 'E' . While performing the transaction its leading shortdump, with message as 'Therefore, a termination with a short dump was triggered on purpose by the key word MESSAGE (type X)' .

I have did some research in SCN, and got to know that i have to update OSS notes. But couldn't get correct one.

Could any body suggest me the correct OSS notes or do i have to make any changes in the program ?

Thanks in advance,

Shyam.

NOTE : Attached is the dump analysis for your reference.

3 REPLIES 3

krishnendu_laha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

BADI MB_DOCUMENT_BEFORE_UPDATE is in use to update any extra table / change entries of internal tables which are used to create material document...and it is called from differenet function module which are called in update task....raising error message would lead to termination...

Please check any other badi which are only for checking purpose..

Thanks...Krish

former_member585060
Active Contributor

Hi,

Instead of validating in the BADI ''MB_DOCUMENT_BEFORE_UPDATE'  which is triggered just before the Database Commit and which might cause runtime dumps, try do same validation in the BADI 'MB_CHECK_LINE_BADI' in Method 'CHECK_LINE', this will be validated at Line Items (for each MSEG entries), i mean each individual entry, if any MSEG entry is not valid you can trigger Error message to stop Posting the transaction.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try the message type A instead of E