Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment number in IDOC_INPUT_SHIPPL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need an idoc to create a shipment document from the data I am receiving from an external warehouse. I tried creating a TPSSHT01 message type SHIPPL using IDOC_INPUT_SHIPPL and found that it requires an external shipment number. I did create an external number range and could create a shipment (though with error, the fm was looking for some shipping units info and did not find it). However, we want to use the same internal number range for the shipment as used by all other shipments created manually in the SAP system. Can someone please suggest how I can do this? Should I be using some different message type? Or do I need to create a custom processing function module. The system I am doing this for is an SAP 4.0B system.

Thank you,

Tejal

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am trying a simillar scenario to create shipments using message type SHIPPL and function module IDOC_INPUT_SHIPPL.

Appreciate if you could let me kow if there be any exit/badi that lets you come up with our own custom logic for a shipment#.

Also, is it possible to split the shipment/delivery as we can do it online.

-Ram