Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Buffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me how to use Shared Buffer through Import/Export statements in detail. I have did studied about SHARED BUFFER addition of IMPORT/EXPORT but i wan't to know about name of the shared buffer, weather we need to create a new one or can we use existing or can we skip this addition. i believe i have to implement this as i have to pass data to two programs which run in two different work processes.

Please provide detail about name of shared memory area, and also how to delete the stored values.

Thanks in advance,

Zafar Ali

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi zafar,

shared memory process exhibits.

for that u have to create AREA CLASS/ AREA INSTANCE ..

& THEN use query to WHICH DATA / OBJ U R GOIN 2 SHARED.

v have different process called read commit & write commit...

if the data is already shared, no need to share again,

as SAP defined , some data are already shared, for that u no need to share again,

ur sharin ur own define data thru DB to appln server, so that , its very fast to access. so no need to select that same object frm db again & again.time consuming

hope u got it.

reward if its useful

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi zafar,

shared memory process exhibits.

for that u have to create AREA CLASS/ AREA INSTANCE ..

& THEN use query to WHICH DATA / OBJ U R GOIN 2 SHARED.

v have different process called read commit & write commit...

if the data is already shared, no need to share again,

as SAP defined , some data are already shared, for that u no need to share again,

ur sharin ur own define data thru DB to appln server, so that , its very fast to access. so no need to select that same object frm db again & again.time consuming

hope u got it.

reward if its useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

use t-code shma try @ ecc 5.0 & above

DEFINE CLASS zcl_my_root …SHARED MEMORY ENABLED –

Check out properties tab for the same in SE24 while defining root class.

CRETAE OBJECT myRoot AREA HANDLE myShmHandle

CREATE DATA dref AREA HANDLE myShmHandle

• Define Area handle and Root instance

Data : myShmHandle TYPE REF TO zcl_my_area, “zcl_my_area is same as area name

myRoot TYPE REF TO zcl_my_root.

*Get area class instance or area handle and use handle’s ATTACH_FOR_WRITE

*method to export your data in SOM.

myShmHandle = zcl_my_area=>attach_for_write( ).“You can specify instance name, here DEFAULT is used

Start filling the contents of shared memory enabled root class into SOM instance

CREATE OBJECT myRoot AREA HANDLE myShmHandle.

myRoot->name = `My first area instance`. “name is simple public attribute in root class

APPEND `Harry` TO myRoot->itab. “itab defined as public internal table of type string

dref is data reference to string. You can even try with dynamic data types

CREATE DATA myRoot->dref AREA HANDLE myShmHandle.

myRoot->dref->* = `Jul-04-2005`.

IF ...

tell area handle who is going to work as root- don’t miss this, Root is always stored as attribute of area class

myShmHandle->set_root( myRoot ).

Finally put the root instance (and hence all its attributes/data) in SOM

myShmHandle->detach_commit( ).

ELSE.

myShmHandle->detach_rollback( ).

ENDIF.

After this if you will fill in attributes of root instance w/o above blocks; that won’t sit in SOM at all

….

However if you repeat another similar block, this time with new data for example in root object, a new SOM instance will\

get created

• process Ends*******************

Another way..............

here a thru READ Program – This mostly contains opposite methods of AREA class to import the instances:

DATA:

myShmHandle TYPE REF TO zcl_my_area,

myRoot TYPE REF TO zcl_my_root,

txt TYPE string.

• This time get the handle through static ATTACH_FOR_READ method of area class

myShmHandle = zcl_my_area=>attach_for_read( ).

“Try catching different exceptions of methods

*Root instance should already be active and present as writing would have been already done using export pgm.

myRoot = myShmHandle->root.

*Now read the contents as you normally do w/o SOM

READ TABLE myRoot->itab INTO txt INDEX 1.

WRITE: / txt.

CONCATENATE myRoot->name

myRoot->dref->* INTO txt SEPARATED BY space.

WRITE: / txt.

myShmHandle->detach( ).

”Even if you don’t detach, sys will remove at the end of pgm

have this coding.. make use if it..

Reward it its useful

0 Kudos

Hi Irfan,

From the response it seems that i have to create memory area name in SHMA, but can u tell me how to use it in EXPORT/IMPORT statement, and also in root class what methods needs to be created . I feel that its getting too complex, as i have to only share a internal table data to another program which will be called after execution of current program in another work process, using simple EXPORT/IMPORT statements.

With Regards,

Zafar Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved myself...

0 Kudos

Hello

Can you please tell me how did you solve it?