Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting an additional shipment date using BAPI_SHIPMENT_CREATE

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In transaction VT01N (create shipment) there is a tab for "more dates" which have to be customized before they can be used.

We are using BAPI_SHIPMENT_CREATE to create shipments and to set dates. This works fine for the standard dates (e.g. start of transport).

However, I found no way to set the additional dates.

Is there a way to set them using BAPI_SHIPMENT_CREATE or to change them after creation using any other function module?

Thanks in advance

Roland

9 REPLIES 9

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this BAPI...

BAPI_SHIPMENT_CHANGE

thanks

vijay

0 Kudos

BAPI_SHIPMENT_CHANGE appears to have the same input data as BAPI_SHIPMENT_CREATE. I cannot find fields for additional dates either.

best regards

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi Roland?

What do you mean by additional dates? Could you please give more details?

By the way if we see the function module documentation for BAPI_SHIPMENT_CREATE, it has been mentioned that tables HEADERDEADLINE & STAGEDEADLINE in the FM can be used for supplying dates.

Could you please look into this docu? If doesn't help you, please give more details about additional dates.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna

0 Kudos

Hello Ramakrishna,

Start transaction VT01N. At the bottom you see a number of tabs.

The first tab is called "deadlines". This corresponds to the BAPI-table HEADERDEADLINE.

The third tab is called "stages". This corresponds to the BAPI-tables STAGEDATA and STAGEDEADLINE.

The second tab is called "more dates". This is the tab I want to change using a function module.

We are using release 4.7.

best regards

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the below funciton modules?

SD_SHIPMENT_CREATE

RV_SHIPMENT_UPDATE

If the above FMs are not usefull, please chekc in the

package VTR in se80. It contains many FMs realted to shipment.

If i find any clue in the meanwhile, I will update you.

THanks,

Ramakrishna

0 Kudos

I have the same requirement, were you able to find out how to update the "more dates" tab? I sent an OSS note to SAP but they have not responded yet.

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm starting to suspect that one of the function modules in the function groups V51D or V51T could help me.

I managed to read the required dates using SD_DEADLINE_PRINT_VIEW (and the handle from VTTK as a key).

However, I don't know how to use SD_DEADLINE_MAINTAIN or SD_DEADLINE_MAINTAIN_NEW or another function module to change them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Would either of you be able to tell me which fields you are populating within the IDoc to create the SD shipments. I am struggling to create one in the test tool currently.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Eva.

0 Kudos

Did you manage to use the IDoc to create the Shipment? If so, please let me know.

Thanks