Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Mail to Lotus Notes from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In one of my requirements I need to send a MAIL with an Attachment File to Lotus Notes. I am not able to trace the FM to be used for this.

Can anyone help me as to how I can send a MAIL from SAP with an attachment File to Lotus Notes.

Thanks and Regards,

Arunava

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have not very much experiance with Notes but it should be possible to send a normal mail from the SAP to your Notes SMTP gateway where it should be threated like a external Mail and konverted to Notes.

bye Thomas

0 Kudos

As Thomas pointed out, you can use regular SMTP mail to send the contents to Lotus Notes. You can use the function module SO_OBJECT_SEND or any of the SAP Office function modules to do this.

Only thing to remember is that the SMTP may have been disabled by your basis team due to security risks involved. An alternative could be a lotus notes connector available from IBM.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check <a href="/people/sudheer.junnuthula2/blog/2006/11/17/integration-platforms-of-sap-r3-with-lotus-notes blog. Read the comments too.

Peter

--

Points always appreciated