Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Invoice List via External Send

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need your help with the following:-

I keep getting the following error message when trying to produce output for Consolidated Invoice (VF21 transaction) via External send

Please enter an address number

Communication type cannot be used

I have configured the Medium External Send for this Output Type and also maintained the Business Partner e-mail address and also the Standard comm.type - Internet Mail (SMTP) in the customer master data, and the mediums for the partner functions via the Output control in SD configuration.

Output works ok with 1 Print and 2 Fax

Print program is a bespoke ZVADIL01 which is copied and amended from the SAP standard RVADIL01

I know a lot of the standard SAP programs have been updated to work with external send functionality, but it seems that RVADIL01 for consolidated billing has not - any ideas why ?

Please could you advise what needs adding to our print program in order for my External send output to be produced

Many thanks for your help

Tony

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

I was wondering if you've been able to resolve this one? I also encountered the same issue but haven't found any answers here.

Thanks!

Olyn

0 Kudos

Hi

We actually raised this via OSS (SAP ACTIVE GLOBAL SUPPORT) to SAP themselves

This was there response.....................................................................

Thank you for contacting SAP ACtive Global Support.

Please find the following comment given by our developer :

Unfortunately, we don't have the functionality external send of invoice

lists. It is not realized in program RVADIL01.

As it has never been a part of the solution, the best recommendation

I could make at this point is to create a development request for

this functionality to be included. The details of how to do this

are in service.sap.com/rollin. When you create a development request

you will be given a message number which you can track and see has

your request been granted or if not - the reasons why.

SAP is a customer driven system so all development requests entered

are appreciated and considered very carefully by our development team.

Sorry for no better news.

Best regards,

Chew Hooi, Koh

SAP - Active Global Support

-

So it seems that a lot of the standard 'R' programs were updated to accomodate Email facility, but not this one.

we have sufficed with the FAxing for now, -

It would be possible to amend /copy RVADILO1 to a 'Z' program and get an aabbper to add in the functionality to allow email functionality.

It looks like SAP may consider it, if they have enough requests for it - it is very strange that they have not done this already, as i would have thought that most companies do infact use consolidated invoice lists

I hope this helps

Tony

0 Kudos

Thanks Tony. I was thinking I'm missing something. Never thought it was a limitation. Thanks again!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

najari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same issue right now.
Was anyone able to solve this issue?
I look forward to hearing any suggestion!

Best,

Sal