Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send JPEG to Spool in an Output Type FORM(NACE)

flvia_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My requirement is to print a delivery note (smartform) with a JPEG attachment.
The moment to do that is in a new Form created in transaction NACE (Output Type).

It is all good to send a smartforms to the spool, the struggle here is to send the JPEG binary or xstring internal table to the spool.

How to send a JPEG in internal table to the spool?
Valuable tips will definitely be rewarded.

Thanks,
FT

4 REPLIES 4

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you can find in the forum, Smart Forms can only print images stored in SE78. Only BMP and TIFF images are supported, with some limits which were also discussed in the forum. Some people have shared code to store images programatically.

flvia_s
Participant

Hi Sandra,

I did not say I wanted to print an imagine in the smartforms, but thanks for the update.

As I asked in the end of the message, I need to find out how to print a jpeg file, by sending it to the spool in an output type form.

Regards.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand what you mean. "sending an image to the spool" can be done only via a Smart Form, SAPScript Form or Adobe Form. Of course, you can write directly the binary content of an image to the spool, but it cannot be printed.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need saying "Valuable tips will definitely be rewarded", this is already explained here how to use the forum: Ask and Answer Questions on SAP Community | Tutorials for SAP Developers.