Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send file from SAP application server to Windows FTP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to have two options in my program to FTP as well as to SFTP(secure FTP) the .txt file to another Windows based server. I know how to FTP the file using (RSFTP00*) but here i would like to know what exactly these program are doing i mean FTP or SFTP. If it is doing FTP then how to do SFTP(any code) or if it is doing SFTP then how to do FTP?

Also if I am sending file from SAP to windows FTP server then will the same commands will work as sending the file to UNIX server works i.e. LCD, CD and PUT or we need to use different commands?

I have searched the forum but am still confused and nor getting the correct answer.

Pls help.

Thanks in Adv.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The programs (RSFTP00*) are used to FTP the file to the Windows FTP server and the commands that are used here are similar to the Unix commands.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to do FTP and I wnated to know how to do SFTP

0 Kudos

Hi Could you please tell me how to use the program RSFTP00*.

I need to send some XML files which are in SAP Application server to remote system running on Windows OS