Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select qurey explanation

jayakummar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hai experts,

i need the explanations of this select qurey becose i not able to understand to do my work........please reply me asap.......

reward will be avail....

SELECT * FROM TBTCP WHERE JOBNAME = P_0111 AND PROGNAME = 'ZKRM_GATECNT_122_SEND_PEND' AND

LISTIDENT <> 0

order by sdldate.

MOVE TBTCP-LISTIDENT TO LL.

ENDSELECT.

thanks in advance,

jai.m

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

TBTCP stores all the spool related data of Batch jobs.

The select query is retrieving Spool No. for Background jobname = p_0111 & given program name.

LISTIDENT is nothing but spool no. of the background job.

The job is sorted by date as there wud be multiple spools available for the same job. Latest job spool is retrieved.

Best regards,

Prashant

2 REPLIES 2

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

TBTCP stores all the spool related data of Batch jobs.

The select query is retrieving Spool No. for Background jobname = p_0111 & given program name.

LISTIDENT is nothing but spool no. of the background job.

The job is sorted by date as there wud be multiple spools available for the same job. Latest job spool is retrieved.

Best regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this select query is for fetching the record from the table TBTCP(Background job step), in which its jobname is p_0111 and its program name is zkrm_..... and id tof the Job is 0 and then display it in the order of date of Job schecduling(sdldate).

Afte that move the value of id to the variable LL . You have not mentioned the variable LL..

Reg,

Prabakaran.S