Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Audit Log Not Recording all Transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos
1,213

Hi all,

We have our security audit log set up in our SAP R/3 development system. However, for some reason not all executed transactions are being recorded. Out of the following transactions that I tested only ME21N & FSS0 are being logged:

SCC1

RZ11

PA20

SM20N

MM01

ME21N

FSS0

Below is a sample output of the log:


Transaction Code	Program				Security Audit Log message text
SESSION_MANAGER		SAPMSYST			Logon Successful (Type=A)
SESSION_MANAGER		RSRZLLG0			Report RSRZLLG0 Started
SESSION_MANAGER		RSRZLLG0_ACTUAL			Report RSRZLLG0_ACTUAL Started
ME21N			RM_MEPO_GUI			Report RM_MEPO_GUI Started
FSS0			SAPGL_ACCOUNT_MASTER_START	Report SAPGL_ACCOUNT_MASTER_START Started
							User Logoff

Does anyone know any reason for this or has anyone come across this before?

Thanks,

Bernard.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos
307

John,

I assume you are running SM20 to read the Audit Log. Audit Log is kept by Application Server, by default, it only read the Audit Log of the App Server you login to. So if you have multiple App Servers, you need to check the option to read the log from all remote server. The menu path is a bit different based on your SAP version. Play around, you will see the option.

And for certain t-codes (SE38) it will list the ABAP program name instead of the t-codes.

Hope this help.

Lye

0 Kudos
307

Hi Lye,

Using SM20N to read the Audit Log but this is the same as SM20 I am sure. In SM19 I have selected all Audit Classes to be recorded and when i activated the Dynamic Config I distributed to all servers, but it is strange why some t-codes are being recorded. We only have one app server in our DEV environment so i dont think this is the cause.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
307

Never had the problem you described. That is why I assume initially that you are not reading from all app servers.

The other possibility I can think of is delay in commit to the db for the log, but this is pretty remote.

Run the test again, and check the timeline to see if the log correspond to your test. According to your setting, all t-codes should be recorded, I used the Audit Log quite extensively on my last project in PRD systems, I can always cross reference between logs from SM20, SM22 & ST01.

If you can duplicate the error, you will need to open an OSS ticket.

Good luck.

Lye

0 Kudos
307

It appears that we had to implement note 710138 to fix this and now it works!