Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help internal error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone encountered this error:

Search help: Internal error: DestroyTab 2

All I m doing is attach standard search help H_T300 (warehouse number) to a screen field. Pressing F4 on the field produces this error and the values displayed in the search help are much less than the values displayed when the search help is tested from SE11.

ne hints to what the problem could be?

rgds,

PJ

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

how you have defined this variable for which F4 is attached. I would suggest define it as

data field LIKE dbtable-field.

this way F4 will be auto attached with this field

regards

0 Kudos

oops...sorry about the values...the values are same as what i see in se11 (i checked in a diff. client earlier)..

SSB, this is a screen field and i have not used dictionary reference for it. the field name is I_LGNUM.

when i named it as T300-LGNUM it did not attach any search help to it...

using T320-LGNUM i m able to attach a srch help ...no issues....

but i want to know why this error when i name it on my own.

rgds,

PJ

0 Kudos

so what was error

pls share

regards

0 Kudos

well i checked out in OSS, the problem was that the hit list generated was too small..and by the time the system finished generating the hit list, there was no dialog that was active...that caused the error i mentioned....

i checked out in another client where there were lot more values....no problems there...

rgds,

PJ