Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search help exit: how to pass import parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a search help exit for a field where I call a FM to select the values I need. This works fine so far. But now I want to pass two import parameters to my search help exit, because I want to use them to call the FM for the selection.

Therefore I added the two parameters to the corresponding search help in TA SE11 as import parameter and I also added them to the search help exit as import parameter. I use this search help exit only on a dynpro field, therefore I added it to the dynpro field in the properties window of the screen painter.

My problem is now, how can I set this parameters for the call of the search exit? Do have to do this in ON_VALUE_REQUEST or is there any other way to pass the parameters to the search help exit?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Martin

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already found out now, that I should at my search help to the field in the table instead of to the dynpro field. I mapped my import parameters of the search help with the corresponding fields of the same table as the field itself in SE11. The import parameters of my search exit have the same name and type as the import parameter of the search help. But when I debug the call of the search exit, the import parameters are still empty although the corresponding fields contain data.

Does anybody see, were my mistake is? I configured everything according to the online help.

Thanks in advance,

Martin