Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help dump CONVT_NO_NUMBER

JoseMunoz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with a DUMP in a search help.

I'm filling a field of a client search help and this field is type P. If I fill with a char value like "ZZ" it shows a message ( 00088 Input should be in the form ._~,__ ), of course because is not a valid value. But, when I try to modify this value the systems gives a DUMP CONVT_NO_NUMBER ( CX_SY_CONVERSION_NO_NUMBER ). The dump is in the system code, not client code.

An exception occurred. This exception is dealt with in more detail below

. The exception, which is assigned to the class 'CX_SY_CONVERSION_NO_NUMBER',

was neither

caught nor passed along using a RAISING clause, in the procedure

"CONVERSION_IN2EX" "(FORM)"

Since the caller of the procedure could not have expected this exception

to occur, the running program was terminated.

The reason for the exception is:

The program attempted to interpret the value "zz " as a number, but

since the value contravenes the rules for correct number formats,

this was not possible.

The search help has an user-exit, but I deactivated and the problem persists...

Thanks a lot

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jose,

The dump is not because of any user exit but it is because of an inappropriate data conversion.In abap we cannot pass any data type to any other data type.They should either be compatible or convertible.

If a conversion does not exists,then you get this type of error.In this case ,it seems you are trying to pass a CHAR to type I field.

Check that out.

Best of luck,

Bhumika

0 Kudos

Yes, is a conversion error, but is the system who make this conversion and I don't have any option to catch this exception...

Can I catch this exception?

If the user fill the field with "ZZ" and press ENTER, the exit is not stopping, so I can't check the input...

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Try to use the function module MOVE_CHAR_TO_NUM. Using this function module u can gracefully handle the char to num conversion and catch the exception too.

0 Kudos

Hi jose,

try to use the appropriate Function module..

-Bhumika