Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search and search next in standard toolbar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

In my screen, I have a standard toolbar with these button search and search next.

There are 2 grids and 2 frames in my screen.

When i press the search button it has to search for a given in the entire screen - which has the grids and the frames with some input fields, checkboxes and radiobuttons.

How can I implement this is there any function module?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Prabs.

5 REPLIES 5

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is no function module, usually this type of functionality is reserved for ABAP lists and table controls, not ALV grids, standard functionality in ALV grid toolbar handles the find/find next of the ALV.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

There must be some fm to find for a given string in the entire screen.

I know there are individual find buttons for the grid. But my requirement is to find for given string in the entire screen which has the frames with input fields and grids.

This find button is common button which is in the standard toolbar.

I think now you got my point.

thanks,

Prabs.

0 Kudos

I got your point, I still say that there is no function module to do this for all screen elements on a dynpro, sorry you will have to code it yourself, I don't know if you can execute the "FIND" functionality of an ALV grid from outside the container. If you can't do that, then there's no point in trying to provide the functionality to the rest of the screen. Can you call a "FIND" method of the class CL_GUI_ALV_GRID? Does it even have this method?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

There are private methods for SEARCH and SEARCH2, but how can I implement this, its not public.

Any suggestions on how to implement this method.

thanks,

Prabs.

0 Kudos

If they are not public, I really don't know how you would implement this.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Message was edited by: Rich Heilman