Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE24 Source Code Based Class code in productive client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to extract source code-based format from a class, in a productive client? 

I have read-only access to SE24 in productive client.  The Source Code-Based button does not appear here (it does in development).  The option setting to start in source code-based view does not work in productive client.

SHOW_CLIF function in SE24 gives me a popup "SAP system has status not modifiable".  I choose display button and receive error message "Changes cannot be made, display user only" Message no. TR026.

Is there something else I can try?

Thank you for your help.

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sue,

could you use enhancement in class? try it...

Regards,

raja

0 Kudos

I don't understand what you're suggesting, please give details?

Patrick_vN
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It isn't good practise to modify code in a production system.

Not sure what your aim is but if you want to compare syntax, you can do so via SE24 > Utilities > Versions >.. from the development system

the remote compare button will allow to compare between systems..

0 Kudos

I'm unclear where you got idea I want to modify code in productive client?  I do not want to do this.  I have listed things I've tried (and the error messages) to see the source-code based format in productive client.

Unfortunately, option to see productive code via develoment remote compare is not available to me.

Is there a way I can display the source-code based format directly in productive client?

0 Kudos

If SE24 doesn't work, have you tried SE80?

And the error message you mentionned generally pops up when one tries to open stuff edit mode in a system where that is not meant to happen. It was at no means an accusation, and my apologies if you were offended.

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick, Yes I get it that SHOW_CLIF tried to open in change mode.  I was merely stating that is one of the things I've tried, and that was the result -- no display mode offered so I could not use that function to get to the class-based source code.

I've looked in SE80 at the class but I'm not sure what you want me to look for? The dispaly of the class looks identical to the hierarchy view from SE24.  I can browse the individual methods and sections (private, public, etc.) but still unable to find Source-based class display from SE80 or SE24.

roberto_vacca2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Are you looking for a workaround?

Function SEO_CLASS_GET_METHOD_INCLUDES gives you ABAP report names , giving CLASS NAME.

Then from SE38 or SE80 you'll be able to see code.

Hope to help

Bye

0 Kudos

Hi Roberto, I ran function SEO_CLASS_GET_METHOD_INCLUDES, gave the class name, and it displays a list of the includes for the methods.  How do I use that result to get to the class source-code based display from SE38 or SE80?

0 Kudos

I guess Roberto's idea was to check those includes in SE38, but it looks like that will not get you much further

0 Kudos

Hi Sue,

I wonder why you need the source-code based display of the class. Actually, this kind of viewing and editing a class is "artificial" - the method definitions and implementations are still split in the many include files and just put together and split again when saving any changes.

You productive class has come from a development system. Here you can do a remote compare of the public, protected and private sections to see differences.

Hope this helps a little.

Clemens

0 Kudos

Hi Clemens, as mentioned earlier the remote compare option is not available to me for this.  I need to look in the productive client.  Is there a function module or program I can run which will show the class source-based code format?

0 Kudos

Hi Sue,

I don't know a way to show the class in source code format. Anyway, use SEO_CLASS_GET_METHOD_INCLUDES and compare the includes one by one - Idoubt there are so many.

Sometimes it's harder to search for ghe easy way than easily do it the had way 🙂

Regards Clemens

0 Kudos

I can already copy/paste the same code from SE24/SE80, without the function module.

About 110 classes and close to 1000 methods.  Plus types, attributes, etc.  Hence why I'm looking for a way to get at the class source-based code listings 🙂

Hi Sue,

Did you find any solution for this?

I am interested as well

Thank you

Lahcen

use Eclipse

Masca
Discoverer

From Eclipse IDE ( as in the comment of previous response)

it is source code only in all systems from dev to production.

It worked for me

Hope it helps