Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sdk dcom connector

former_member667396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As anyone used the sdk dcom connector? Can i call sap rfc's from a .net application, or just bapi's? Where can i get the sdk dcom component (download site, cd,...). Thanks in advance,

Pedro Castro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use SAP .NET Connector instead of DCOM connector which you can download from SAP Market Place.

Also make sure to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 or lower to develop the application initially,as SAP .net connector does not support higher version.You can migrate the SAP proxies to higher version once the intial development is done.

Regards,

Ramesh

5 REPLIES 5

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to this link

[original link is broken]

Search here for sap software distribution center link

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=SEARCH&HIDE=&SEARCH_SPAT=...

Regds

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use SAP .NET Connector instead of DCOM connector which you can download from SAP Market Place.

Also make sure to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 or lower to develop the application initially,as SAP .net connector does not support higher version.You can migrate the SAP proxies to higher version once the intial development is done.

Regards,

Ramesh

0 Kudos

DCOM connector is out of support. Migrate to .net connector as suggested by Ramesh. But to answer your question, yes, you can call any RFC function module, not just BAPIs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I ask where you found the SAP DCOM connector for traditional ASP not .NET? I cannot seem to find it anywhere on the internet

If you could help me / send the dcom files to me I would be much apprecaited

Thanks

stu