Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling transaction VCC1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to schedule transaction VCC1 to run daily in background. The normal flow has the following steps in it.

1. AFter selection screen, the report executes and generates a list of sales documents with pending authorization with checkboxes for each.

2. I need to select all check boxes on screen.

3. Click forward for authorization button on toolbar. This will grey out all documents and checkboxes.

4. Press SAVE button on standard toolbar.

5. Finally report generates an ALV list which i need to send to spool.

If I automate this process by BDC, the problem is the report selection screen - as I do not have any fixed values that i can record my BDC with, that is, values for variants and variant may keep changing. This can be a problem as user can enter patterns like >=, < or exclude or any combination in selection criteria.

Secondly - If I schedule this report directly in background the report seems to stop after display a list with checkboxes - so now how do i trigger user events like selecting all checkboxes, pressing save button, etc. I tried in SM36 by defining multiple steps and multiple reports using set user command <funciton code>, but unsuccessful. I think it can be possible to trigger events of one program from other abap program ??

Kinldy guide me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use program RV21A010 to authorize in the background.

5 REPLIES 5

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You must use the BDC method here. THe program will not know what to do after the selection othewise. As far as you problem with the selection screen, I'm a little confused. Do you need to put values in the selection screen or can you run it wide open. If you need to put values in the screen, maybe you can do this with a variant, then when you run the transaction in your BDC, just choose that variant, or create a tcode for that report program which uses that variant by default, then record the "Z" transaction code. Anyway, can you explain the problem with the selection-screen values with a little more detail.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use program RV21A010 to authorize in the background.

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I think your solution might work. But my main concern is that the business process should not get changed.

I will wrap program RV21A010 with selection screen of VCC1 and submit because i need to execute VCC1 for deliveries and also i need the select options that are set to 'NO-DISPLAY' in program RV21A010.

My question to you is that if I do this - it will perform the same procedure as done by VCC1 - because there is whole lot of function calls in VCC1 and just a couple in this program RV21A010. It should not happen such that VCC1 just sends documents pending authorization while this program RV21A010 sends all with failed authorization ?

The business process in both should be same. I tried debugging through the code. I found some similarity at the deepest level for orders but still i doubt for deliveries.

If you have any inputs on this, then kindly guide ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

The business process will be the same as this is a standard SAP program that is meant for background processing. So it will work just like VCC1 except for the online vs. background part of it.

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I found a problem. The program RV21A010 is desinged just for authorization of orders. If I want deliveries, I specify a delivery document then it does call delivery function module but considers it to be an order document.

Also the function it calls is just 1, while VCC1 goes through more systematic process by calling many. Only the last function in both the programs is same.

It is my understanding the RV21A010 – with regards to deliveries, is used to process the order to get the next Authorization for subsequent shipments (but not necessarily the actual delivery documents themselves)-even SAP documentation might be wrong in this case - some translation error.

Again, what we need the VCC1 custom work for is to process Delivery Documents that have insufficient authorization – based on the product that was selected to get shipped for the order and the fact that someone chose to ship more than SAP expected and authorized the CC for.

Any inputs will be appreciated - because If I need to use your suggestion then I need to proove that the results from VCC1 and RV21A0101 for deliveries are same.