Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAVE_TEXT for Routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am using the SAVE_TEXT for loading long texts for Rate routings at Operation level. The tables STXH etc are updated correctly and if I use the FM READ_TEXT I see the values that were loaded. But I do not see it thru. the transaction CA21. I also tried using COMMIT_TEXT after SAVE_TEXT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I've seen this problem before, the problem in that case was that the transaction actually was looking at a flag in the database that indicates that long text exists. If this is the same case, of course you are not updating this flag in the DB, hence the program does not do the READ_TEXT to get the long text. Again, if this is your problem, the fix would be to update this flag in the DB. Yes, direct database updatation to a standard table is not suggested, but a simply flag may not be a big deal.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

4 REPLIES 4

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I've seen this problem before, the problem in that case was that the transaction actually was looking at a flag in the database that indicates that long text exists. If this is the same case, of course you are not updating this flag in the DB, hence the program does not do the READ_TEXT to get the long text. Again, if this is your problem, the fix would be to update this flag in the DB. Yes, direct database updatation to a standard table is not suggested, but a simply flag may not be a big deal.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Thanks Rich. I was just going thru. your previous post related to that. I will give it a shot.

0 Kudos

I was just debugging a little, I think that this is the problem, the field PLPO-TXTSP is being check for a value, if not filled, then it is giving the message that long text does not exists. I think that if you put an 'E'(english) in this field, that it will work.

Regards,

Rich heilman

0 Kudos

Thank you Rich. That did the trick.