Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapscript transportation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We need to transport sapscript from development to quality system. We have used program RSTXR3TR to transport.

First in development server , we executed the program and exported the request(corresponding to script) to application server(AL11) .

Then , we logged into quality server and imported the request(corresponding to script) from application server.

We are done.

Has anyone transported script , the same way we have done.Is this approach the correct one?Please confirm...

Regards,

Kavitha.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

when we import the request containing the sap script , it will come to the server like how other objects are moving...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use SE09 to release the request and STMS to transport the request.

Regards,

M.Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The approach is correct.

If you are moving the transports through STMS then you have to move your standard texts using

RSTXTRAN.

Reward if helps

thanks,

krishna

Message was edited by: Krishnakumar

Message was edited by: Krishnakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i dont think you need to do this way

when uc areate an sap script u will have a TR

if u want to import it to a different client

use TCODE SCC1 and import it into a different client

if u are importing to a quality server, use STMS or the standard request releasing tools which u use for trnasporting objects

Harish

0 Kudos

Hi,

We cannot use STMS , or SCC1 for transporting scripts...

Transportation of script is different from other objects.

If we use STMS for scripts , it throws error.

Regards,

Kavitha

0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha ,

First u have to Import Scripts From Dev Client to test Client by using SCC1.

and to QAS u have to creat TP request and Do the Tp by using normal process i.e SMTS.

if u are getting any error , try to resolve that errors.

that is the process what we follow.

Regards

Prabhu

0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

There is program available to download and upload the SAPscipts using flat files .

Use program "RSTXSCRP".

Pls reward if useful.

Regards,

Laxman Nayak

0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

There is program available to download and upload the SAPscipts using flat files .

Use program "RSTXSCRP".

Pls reward if useful.

Regards,

Laxman Nayak

0 Kudos

I used the RSTXR3TR process under older releases (like 3.0D). I think that was the only way to transport layout sets.

With newer releases, I have been using the standard transport process. Once a non-local development class (or package) has been assigned, a transport request and task is created. It gets released and processed the same way as ABAP programs.

Are you doing this because you are on an older release?

Are you SAPscript objects local ($TMP)?

0 Kudos

Hi Norman ,

You are very correct. In the new versions SAPscripts are transported by CTS. I just wanted to give the possibilities. I am on 4.7 , I use CTS for transporting SAPscripts . I used the program just to keep a back up before changes since you don't have version management in SAPscripts. But still the program could be used to upload and Download scripts in new versions.

Regards,

Laxman Nayak.