Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP object appears in different transport requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got a strange issue here. We just upgraded my SAP 4.6C MDMP system to ECC6 EH4 Unicode.

Several consultants are working on different SAP objects within the system to resolve post upgrade issues.

We noticed that some programs that we have finished editing appears in transport requests belonging to different persons.

In each case, via SE01, I see that there is a lock for this object.

How can this be possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep and Max , the object is a Z program. What was found attached was the report source code of this program.

I also want to specify this sourc code (the exact object is LIMU REPS Z****) is found in 2 different sub-tasks under different userids, but in the same main transport task. In each sub-task the object is shown as "Object Locked". Is the presence of this object in different sub-tasks normal?

4 REPLIES 4

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are the objects locked in different requets same , i mean there can be includes, dictionary objects etc which can be locked in diff TRss.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That's no problem, it's a normal behavior, it's important the request is only one.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep and Max , the object is a Z program. What was found attached was the report source code of this program.

I also want to specify this sourc code (the exact object is LIMU REPS Z****) is found in 2 different sub-tasks under different userids, but in the same main transport task. In each sub-task the object is shown as "Object Locked". Is the presence of this object in different sub-tasks normal?

0 Kudos

Hi See,

you need not to worry regarding this,

It looks like two people edited the program. so it creates the two requests with two user id's under one main request.

now ...

1. You can either delete his request or your request (even if it is locked you can still delete the request there)

2. You can change the owner as well.

*Note : deleting request or changing owner, may not effect the code, so you need to worry about the code, It only changes the transport requests. (in simple, it contains the latest edited version)

Thanks & Regards,

Dileep Kumar .C