Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP directory - How store a file ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I need to store an XML file in sap directory. How Can I do it ?

Instead sap directory (T-code AL11), there's some other part on the sap system where

can I store data ?

tks a lot,

bye.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can convert the XML file to a internal table and store the data in the internal table in the sap directory AL11 using OPEN DATASET, TRANSFER DATASET AND CLOSE DATASET.

And with respect to your Q of other parts where we store is, we can temporarily export this data to ABAP memory but it is with respect to only your run time execution of the program.

Converting XML file to internal table.

TEXT_CONVERT_XML_TO_SAP

Regards

Sharath

10 REPLIES 10

former_member376453
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi I think Application Server is the only place to store the file. You can try CG3Z T code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Application Server is the only place

Edited by: Karthik Arunachalam on Mar 23, 2009 7:28 PM

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert, AL11 just maps the back end server folders to easy access the files.... infact those files are stored some where in the application server/ unix server .... if you want to make the folder hidden... you should create a folder with the help of your basis team... and should not be mapped in AL11 Tr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check this tcode CG3Y & CG3Z

0 Kudos

Tks for your reply,

I have to code by program to store the XML file. So, do you have some code exemple ?

tks.

0 Kudos

hi,

Check this FM C13Z_FILE_UPLOAD_ASCII

C13Z_FILE_UPLOAD_BINARY

0 Kudos

hi,

if you are not supposed to change the format programmatically, I would suggest what Avinash suggested should do it for you.

Regards

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can convert the XML file to a internal table and store the data in the internal table in the sap directory AL11 using OPEN DATASET, TRANSFER DATASET AND CLOSE DATASET.

And with respect to your Q of other parts where we store is, we can temporarily export this data to ABAP memory but it is with respect to only your run time execution of the program.

Converting XML file to internal table.

TEXT_CONVERT_XML_TO_SAP

Regards

Sharath

0 Kudos

Tks for your reply Sharath,

I need the xml format. I mean that the file that I store in al11, is take by other system (Java message service)

, so I can't convert xml file in other format.

Is it possible to store in al11 the file in XML format ?

tks

0 Kudos

>

> Is it possible to store in al11 the file in XML format ?

>

[Try to search here>>>> |https://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?q=xml%20to%20application%20server&dateRange=last90days&searchID=23898743&rankBy=10001&start=0]