Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 3.1H--help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

I need help on ALE IDoc transaction codes in sap R/3 3.1H.My client is using SAP 3.1H system and i know the transaction codes for 4.6c. How different is the 3.1H system from 4.6c and what are the major difference between the transaction codes ( ale, idoc)in both the systems.

I will also like to know the version of LSMW used in 3.1H.

regards

Madhu

4 REPLIES 4

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

3.1H - Ouch!

LSMW 1.0 will run on 3.1H. There is still the download file on the Service Marketplace (service.sap.com/lsmw) for 3.1H (SXDA31H.CAR). It does have to be imported manually if it hasn't already been done.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt if LSMW is/was available in 3.1H.. I thisnk it started from 4.0b or upward...

Good Luck,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Actually SAP still has LSMW transport files available on the Service Marketplace going back to 3.0F.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As to your other question about IDocs and ALE. We did a lot of IDoc and ALE development on 3.1H before upgrading to 46C 5 years ago. I don't remember major differences in the transactions. Obviously you have fewer IDocs with less capabilities to work with. If I remember right, SD was really limited on 3.1H. That was the area that gave use the most pain compaired to 46C.