Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risk in master data transfer using ALE-IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am suppose to transfer master data from one system to another( ECC6.0 To ECC6.0 ).Can anybodu tell me RISK involved in this data transfer/chances of leaking data/Scope for data tampering while transfering data using ALE-IDOC system.

If any please guide to reduce/eliminate the same.

Thanks.

Edited by: sanu debu on Feb 17, 2009 6:01 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

When we create the RFC destination, we create it for TRUSTED target system and while maintaining the partner profiles, only the partner will maintained at WE20. So the data is secured during the transmission.

Hence there's no or very minimal risk in the data transfer.

Thanks

Sharath

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

When we create the RFC destination, we create it for TRUSTED target system and while maintaining the partner profiles, only the partner will maintained at WE20. So the data is secured during the transmission.

Hence there's no or very minimal risk in the data transfer.

Thanks

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ALE is used with in organization and between partners. Also, the communication happens in asynchronus memory communication pattern. i.e. a kind of one system memory to another system memory dirctly copy.

The communication is trusted.

As the data is communicated in IDoc pattern, you need to monitor the system to get all idocs into Status 53.

1. There will be many scenarios where idocs require some manual intervension to process them.

2. There may be some processing code issues or data issues may arrise during the communication.

the above can be handled and they cannot be treated as risk or leak

regards

Satya