Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC FM in background job

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a background job for a report which calls the RFC function module, when

1. I run the report in fore ground it works perfectly fine.

2. when I release the job and start the debugging by putting 'JDBG', and just press F8 it works fine.

2. But when I just release the job and don't go for debugging....the RFC FM fails and I don't see any data.

What could be the problem plz help..?

Thank you.

Regards,

Premod.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Pramod,

check the base thing first.. what is your job log saying at that particular moment.. so simulate that part, you can just write a code with that RFC FM call only.. and schedule it in background... see whats coming in job log...

and one more thing.. The FM which you are calling(the RFC FM), does it require GUI at any stage? check that as well.

pass the FM name here if its not a customized FM.. we can try..

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to Use

JOB_OPEN

JOB_SUBMIT

JOB_CLOSE FM"S

regards,

AJy

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

make sure no screen processing is involved, that means no popups, no controls.

What is the RFC expected to do?

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member

Pramod,

check the base thing first.. what is your job log saying at that particular moment.. so simulate that part, you can just write a code with that RFC FM call only.. and schedule it in background... see whats coming in job log...

and one more thing.. The FM which you are calling(the RFC FM), does it require GUI at any stage? check that as well.

pass the FM name here if its not a customized FM.. we can try..