Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retriving Data from Function module in update task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

My requirement is like in a report in one perform i want to select huge data (Millions of records) and then display at the end.

so i thought to do these select by using Function Module In Update Task so that it ll increase my performance.

So i created a function module of Processing type "Update module" (start immediate ) and start fetching required data from database tables.

Now i want this data (In my internal Table) back to report .

But as this is FM in Update task it will not allow for export parameters , also tables parameter will work like importing parameter.

So I tried using EXPORT/IMPORT to MEMORY ID but this is also not working .

So can you please suggest me how i can get my data in internal table back to report .

Thanks in Advance .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How does selecting data in an update function improve performance.

I think so you were referring something to parallel processing using function modules. If so, please search for it & you will find some good blogs & discussions.

5 REPLIES 5

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How does selecting data in an update function improve performance.

I think so you were referring something to parallel processing using function modules. If so, please search for it & you will find some good blogs & discussions.

0 Kudos

Thanks Kesavadas ,

Yes i m looking for parallel processing itself. i thought doing it in update task will help as update module will create its own LUW .

Can you suggest how to retrieve data from function module in update task .. ?

0 Kudos

For "Selecting" data parallel processing is not going to help you. Forget about update task( Its some thing different & not going to help you in this case ). You have millions of records to be selected, so you should focus on background processing, selection using cursor's , selection using right indexes etc etc. Search & you will get it. FYI - There is a specific discussion forum for performance & tuning ( close this & post it there ).

Private_Member_49934
Contributor
0 Kudos

You are calling the FM in Update Task? and expecting it will improve the performance in a report? 😮

Please check SAP help get clarity regarding the update FM.

0 Kudos

Thnaks Gaurav

Actully i m looking for parallel processing . I thought doing it in update task will help as update module will create its own LUW .

Can you suggest how to retrieve data from function module in update task .. ?