Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retreive the recent version - Where Can I see it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am looking to hv open <i><b>retreive the recent version,</b></i>

So, for this, am tracking like,

se38> utilities> version-->???

But, I culd not get it!

So,

1 - How to get it?

2- When/in which scenarios we use this option?

Message was edited by:

Srikhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikhar,

You will use version management to track various versions. If you can not find any versions in it means, there is no earlier version of your program which got transported. A version which got transported can only seen as a version in VM.

If you had made any changes to a program and you want to revert them back then you will retrieve the original version from VM rather than undoing the changes manually. If there are many changes, undoing manually needs lot of effort. This is one scenario I can think off.

Hope it helps.

Rgds,

Message was edited by:

Naren Someneni

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

check like this

se38> utilities> version here you will get all version.

suppose if you want to retrive then use like this

select one version -> display -> if it is okay then back

version->retrive

Be careful

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need in same path to choose the <b>version managment</b>, then

to select the check box the version what have you and push the <b>retrieve button</b>.

I hope you help

DLC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikhar,

You will use version management to track various versions. If you can not find any versions in it means, there is no earlier version of your program which got transported. A version which got transported can only seen as a version in VM.

If you had made any changes to a program and you want to revert them back then you will retrieve the original version from VM rather than undoing the changes manually. If there are many changes, undoing manually needs lot of effort. This is one scenario I can think off.

Hope it helps.

Rgds,

Message was edited by:

Naren Someneni

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srikhar,

Just some additional info:- You can check the VRSD table for the version of a particular program.

K.Kiran.