Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report with multiple tabs

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a report with multiple tabs in selection screen. Say material number is mandatory in the first tab. But we don't need material number in the second tab. But if I want to go to the 2nd tab, i get the error message 'Please enter the material number'. Can this be avoided?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paromita,

If I understand your problem correctly then, here is the summary of your problem -

a) There are multiple tabs on selection screen. Out of which the first tab has a mandatory field i.e., Material Number. And then there are other tabs.

b) So, unless and until you provide the value in first tab for the material number(which is a mandatory field), you cannot navigate to the second tab or any other tab for that matter.

So, ideally the second and rest of other tabs are mutually dependent on the first tab's information as it has a mandatory field. Unless and until you make the first tab inactive it will not let you enter data in the second tab and so on.

So, to ideally enable input in second tab, make the first tab inactive. Try this and let me know if it works.

BR,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Ravi,

Based on what and how do I make the first tab inactive?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Paromita,

You have to store the field at which the cursor was set last time and then you can set the cursor to that field in the

AT SELECTION-SCREEN OUTPUT using SET CURSOR.

You can get the cursor position using GET CURSOR command.

This should ideally work.

Try this and let me know.

BR,

Ravi