Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding tc -pm01

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

i have developed a infotype 9777 through tc-pm01 and in the display and selection tab given sort sequence '2' etc and sent this infotype in the production server,no doubt this infotype is working fine and it is containing more than one lakh data now i want to change the sort sequence to 3 and resend this to the production servers,i need to know will it work and will it effect my previous data or it will give any dump error .plz suggest me to solve this issue can we change any infotype characteristics and resend it to the production sever though it is already contaianing the data.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I donot understand the need for the data to be resent to the production server. The data will remain already and if you resend, it is just a rework.

Sort sequence of records

Indicators for record sorting:

o ' ': in ascending order according to subtype, in descending order

according to 'from' date of validity period

o '1': in descending order according to 'from' date of validity

period, in ascending order according to subtype

o '2': in ascending order according to subtype, in ascending order

according to 'from' date of validity period

o '3': in ascending order according to 'from' date of validity period,

in ascending order according to subtype

From my understanding of the above explanation, the sort sequence just arranges the data in the required format and this format is decided on infotype creation via PM01.

Thanks,

Saipriya

0 Kudos

you are not getting my question i m not sending the data in the production servers i m resending the changes in the infotype characetricits only such as sort sequences etc.after resending will it affect the previous data etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved by own