Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding SAP Scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1. What is the functionality of <b>WRITE_FORM_LINES</b> & <b>WRITE_LINE</b> in SAP Scripts.

2. What is the main usage of <b>CONTROL_FORM</b>.

3. Using which <b>TCODE</b> we can move changes made in one Layout[SAP SCRIPT] from one CLIENT[100] to CLIENT[900]!

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Rayeez.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

1) WRITE_FORM_LINES..Output text lines in form window.

The text lines contained in table LINES are output in the specified layout set window.There is no FM WRITE_LINE.

2)Control_form is used to control the flow of the pages.Suppose you want to trigger any page explicitly then you use control_form.

3) There is no separate Tcode for moving the script.There is an option in SE71,<b>Utilities-->Copy from client</b> ,thru which you can copy script between two clients.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

WRITE_FORM_LINES -The function module outputs the text lines in table LINES into the specified form window. The text lines must have the SAPscript ITF format. From the data in the text header, the system uses only the field TDSTYLE to apply the formatting attributes defined in the specified style for this text. If the field is empty, the system uses the identically named formatting attributes (character and paragraph formats) of the form.

Use parameter WINDOW to specify into which of the windows defined in the form you want to output the text. You can specify any window used in the form. The parameter FUNCTION determines how to merge the text lines to be output with any existing contents in the window. There are differences between the different window types or areas.

CONTROL_FORM->

This function module is used to insert SAPScript control commands like NEW-PAGE etc from whithin the ABAP program.

CALL FUNCTION 'CONTROL_FORM'

EXPORTING

COMMAND =

EXCEPTIONS

UNOPENED = 1

OTHERS = 3

IF SY-SUBRC NE 0.

MESSAGE ...

ENDIF.

I have little bit confusion with your other question so i didnt posted them here.I hope this will help u to clarify your doubts.

Thanks

Mrutyunjaya Tripathy