Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding MM function

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys,

I am trying to learn MM functional module myself.

To start with i need some sample data(SAP existing data)

to see how the transaction flows from one screen to another screen.

so can somebody give me a starting from basic purchase order transaction screens.

Ambichan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambichan,

I have come across many ABAPers who have said that they want to gain Functional Knowledge all by themseleves. And I hate to sound discouraging, but it simply cannot be done.

The best way is to take some training by an SAP authorized training center. And after that you will have to keep working on projects that require you to use the concepts you have learnt. This is very important.

If you are still insistent on learning it all by yourself, then at least try to get an SAP IDES system. IDES is the International Demo and Education Systems wing of SAP which provides SAP systems with consistent and stable data for educational purposes. These systems come with examples for all standard scenarios. The IMG is configured and all you have to do is to run through the transactions directly. Of course, it is not practical to do that all by yourself. The practice should ideally go hand in hand with training.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambichan,

I have come across many ABAPers who have said that they want to gain Functional Knowledge all by themseleves. And I hate to sound discouraging, but it simply cannot be done.

The best way is to take some training by an SAP authorized training center. And after that you will have to keep working on projects that require you to use the concepts you have learnt. This is very important.

If you are still insistent on learning it all by yourself, then at least try to get an SAP IDES system. IDES is the International Demo and Education Systems wing of SAP which provides SAP systems with consistent and stable data for educational purposes. These systems come with examples for all standard scenarios. The IMG is configured and all you have to do is to run through the transactions directly. Of course, it is not practical to do that all by yourself. The practice should ideally go hand in hand with training.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use IDES data-that's the SAP training data.