Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding custom currency data element issue in custom Table.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently working on creation of a Z custom table in SAP. There is data coming from

mainframe for amount field in the form -9999.9999.

To store data like this I am creating a custom Z data element with Z domain definition as follows:

Data type; Curr

No of characters: 5

Decimal places: 4

Sign box is checked.

Now when I use this Z data elemnt for a firle in custom table, while activating, it asks for table refernce and table field. What do I give it here ?

Please help.

Regards,

Jainam..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jainam,

very basic ABAP knowledge: A field of type CURR isn used to store a currency amount. Every currency field must be connected to a currency key of type CUKY.

The same concept applies for quantities and units.

You can spare a lot of trouble if you look at standard tables and programs, copy or use data elements and/or structures from standard.

If you want to re-invent the world, you may need more than seven days.

Regards,

Clemens

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help...

venkat_o
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jainam, <li>click on Currency/Quantity fields tab, Reference table as your Z* table and Ref.Field as WAERS. <li>For reference purpose, Goto SE11 and check PA0008 table and field BET01 field by clicking on Currency/Quantity fields tab you will come to know what to enter Thanks Venkat.O

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me explain the need.

Every money/amunt field in a table will need a currency key... which would be of type 'CUKY'..

check any standard table.. like VBAK, or VBAP etc .. in SE11, open the currency check tab .. you can see the currency amount fields are associated to another field... you can take those reference...

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jainam,

very basic ABAP knowledge: A field of type CURR isn used to store a currency amount. Every currency field must be connected to a currency key of type CUKY.

The same concept applies for quantities and units.

You can spare a lot of trouble if you look at standard tables and programs, copy or use data elements and/or structures from standard.

If you want to re-invent the world, you may need more than seven days.

Regards,

Clemens