Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg. abap proxy class

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have a requirement where i need to pull data from target sap system from XI and pass it back to XI.

Message interface has been created in XI. Now in the target SAP system, using SPROXY, i select the MI and choose "Create" menu option. i am asked a package name and prefix, i enter and then if i am right an implementing class is created with the prefix i gave, for e.g. zxxx_MI_ccc.

Now in the structure tab, i am able to see the interface name, the method execute_synchronous, importing, exporting and all the message types (MT).

Now where do I write the code which will select the data from sap tables and populate the exporting structures/tables ?

and my understanding is that this class will be automatically callled by XI and once the structures/tables are populated, the values will be pushed back to source system via XI and I need not do anything ! am i right ?

kindly guide.

thks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to your class by double clicking on the implementing class name. Next double click on the interface method which is implemented. Here do your coding.

Is this automatically called, can't say that it does, but then again, I'm no XI guru.

3 REPLIES 3

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to your class by double clicking on the implementing class name. Next double click on the interface method which is implemented. Here do your coding.

Is this automatically called, can't say that it does, but then again, I'm no XI guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Micky, I am trying to write the code in the method EXECUTE_SYNCHRONOUS.

Now when i click the signature button, i can see the parameters and the type spec shows the type name.

now how do i access that import parameter in the code ?

thks

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the same as when you do with FM for example.

Let's say signature is like this:

importing is_test which is a structure with fields a,b and c.

now in the method coding you can access these fields:

lv_field = is_test-a.