Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read table QMIH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I try to read the table QMIH, with RFC_READ_TABLE, but this function send me SYSTEM_FAILURE --- BUFFER EXCEED,

i am using Sap Connector with .net,

can anybody help, is there another function to obtain data from this table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not an RFC expert but the description of the DATA_BUFFER_EXCEEDED message says <i>Selected fields do not fit into structure DATA</i>. I'm guessing that the structure of DATA (which is just CHAR 512) and what you are trying to retrieve from QMIH table don't go well together. Try adjusting the content of OPTIONS and FIELDS tables that you are passing to RFC_READ_TABLE. Good luck!

8 REPLIES 8

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not an RFC expert but the description of the DATA_BUFFER_EXCEEDED message says <i>Selected fields do not fit into structure DATA</i>. I'm guessing that the structure of DATA (which is just CHAR 512) and what you are trying to retrieve from QMIH table don't go well together. Try adjusting the content of OPTIONS and FIELDS tables that you are passing to RFC_READ_TABLE. Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto

I guess you are not using the tables

OPTIONS LIKE RFC_DB_OPT " Selection conditions in WHERE

FIELDS LIKE RFC_DB_FLD " Req fields

of the function module. In such cases the FM tries to return all the the values which is causing an overflow.

Regards

Kathirvel

0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel

I am using the table.

when i use the RFC_READ_TABLE for read EQUZ, it works,

when i use for read QMEL it works.

When I use RFC_READ_TABLE with VBA the message error is SYSTEM_FAILURE, when i use RFC_READ_TABLE with .NET and SAP Connector the message is SAP.Connector.RfcSystemException: Error in ASSIGN statement in the program SAPLSDTX

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

u need to even pass where condition fields to the FM. as such data is hughe it can't be accomapanied in one shot without any conditions so it goes for a dump.

Former Member
0 Kudos

VBA is not a table in sap.

also, the error connection might be due to not sending field data properly to fields.

0 Kudos

hi, sorry i try to say that when i programming with VisualBasic for Application, the RFC_READ_TABLE send me SYSTEM_FAILURE, I check the fields name and they are right, and there are another tables that send me the same error....

Could you help me.

Regards....

0 Kudos

What are the contents of the table OPTIONS that you are passing to the FM?

Rob

0 Kudos

I use

sappmactiv.RFC_DB_FLD(0).Fieldname = "QMNUM"

sappmactiv.RFC_DB_OPT(0).Fieldname = "QMNUM = '005100067798"

Me.y51.Rfc_Read_Table("", "", "QMIH", 0, 0, Me.y51.RESULTA, Me.y51.CAMPOS, Me.y51.OPCION)

the result in .NET is:

Error in ASSIGN statement in the program SAPLSDTX

but i use

sappmactiv.RFC_DB_FLD(0).Fieldname = "QMNUM"

sappmactiv.RFC_DB_OPT(0).Fieldname = "QMNUM = '005100067798"

Me.y51.Rfc_Read_Table("", "", "QMEL", 0, 0, Me.y51.RESULTA, Me.y51.CAMPOS, Me.y51.OPCION)

the result in .NET is:

sappmactiv.TAB512(0).Wa = "005100067798"

its works.