Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDI File to be generated with SAP Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We need to generate RDI file for a SAP Script in transaction VA11.Please can anyone let me know do we have to do the settings through configuration or programmatically in the SAP Script.

Regards

Amruta Prayagi

8 REPLIES 8

former_member182371
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.- go to Transaction se71 (Header, Modify)

2.- Menu Attributes -> various

There you´ll find the RDI output parameters.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

Thanks Calsadillo.

Well, this header option is disabled .I dont know why, however I found the same through one more option in SE71.

Attributes->Miscellaneous and RDI output mode can be set.

One more thing: Can the print preview option and RDI option be simultaneosuly set.ie.User can see t he output and parallely an RDI file is generated.

Regards

Amruta

Message was edited by: Amruta Prayagi

former_member182371
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta,

one posible solution is:

1.- to create a message class for ordinary display using standard sapscript.

2.- create another message class for RDI using a Z sapscript form (this Z sapscript form should have the RDI parameters already set up).

In this way you could choose between both output ways.

Best regards

0 Kudos

Hi calsadillo ,

Please can you explain this in details.My requirement is not to choose between both options rather both options shoould be available to the user.

Regards

Amruta

former_member182371
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta,

i was just describing what is usually done for invoices, purchase orders ...etc.

Get the aid of a functional. He will know the right place in parametrization where one can assing the print program to the sapscript form.

Thus you will have:

1.- one standard program assigned to one standard sapscript form

2.- one Z program (copy of the standard one) assigned to one Z sapscript form (copy of the standard one but with the RDI settings)

He will know as well how to create a message class for each one of the sapscripts.

Thus you will have:

1.- one message class for the standard program and sapscript

2.- one message class for the Z program and the Z sapscript.

Have a look at the output of an invoice or a purchase order because it can provide you a clearer idea.

When you want to get the output you´d need to choose between the different outputs formerly described.

You cannot have both at the same time.

You can have a pdf or a fax or an RDI or an ordinary spool but one by one, that is, (re)processing the message as muck as you like.

Hope to have somehow helped.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

Thanks calsadillo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I hav created a custom script for f.11

I successfully attached it to standard program in OB96.

But while i am giving print  spool is being generated but Print was coming.

I checked RDI format output which has been disabled . How could i enable it.

Thanks in advance.

Prudhvi Choudary

0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry its not f.11 . I created script for vendor and customer balance confirmations : f.17 and f.18.

Regards,

Prudhvi Choudary