Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAISE_EVENT_NESTING_LIMIT - Short Dump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting a short dump on a standard delivered method of a class. We have recently upgraded to SP 10 for SAP CRM Ehp 1. It was working fine before.

But now I am getting a short dump. Below is the screenshot.

Below is the screenshot of the code where error is coming;

Any idea; how to get rid of this error.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DavidLY
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can try to disable enhancements via go to transactoin SU3, then set the parameter to WCF_IGNORE_ENHANCEMT and value as 'A', then save.  Close all WebUI sessions and restart.  This should disable the enhancements. Then test again.

Regards,

David

6 REPLIES 6

DavidLY
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can try to disable enhancements via go to transactoin SU3, then set the parameter to WCF_IGNORE_ENHANCEMT and value as 'A', then save.  Close all WebUI sessions and restart.  This should disable the enhancements. Then test again.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

@David

I did the WCF_IGNORE_ENHANCEMT and after this the error is gone. So seems like the error is due to enhancement. But it was working fine before service pack 10 upgrade. Now I don't know where to look.

The screenshot which I have attached; it contains raise_event in two consecutive lines. Is it due to that? But even then its a standard code.

Any suggestion?

arindam_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your event raised stack has reached its limit of 63. Try to clear it or resolve them. Is it a custom code from which you come to this place. Can you share the program call stack values.

Cheers,
Arindam

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Arindam Mondal

I think the reason it reaches to 63 is there are raise_Event in two consecutive lines and looks like its goign to infinite raise_event thing.

How to clear it or resolve it? The place where the error is coming is a standard code. I have attached the screenshot in my first post.

Yes it's a custom code (It's called enhancement in CRM); and from these ehancements somehow standard code is called which is causing the problem.

Any hint?

arindam_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might be having EVENT HANDLER methods to handle them so you must use them. All raised events when handled will clear the stack. Check the link below to get started:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/71/a8a77955bc11d194aa0000e8353423/content.htm

Cheers,

Arindam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,