Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"TRANSPORTING NO FIELDS" error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I am trying to correct the BW code below and I am getting the following error message

"E:In the OO context either an INTO or an ASSIGNING specification or the

addition "TRANSPORTING NO FIELDS" must be used. addition "TRANSPORTING

NO FIELDS" must be used."

have tried several times to add the code so that it formats correctly but I cannot seem to get it to format. I have tried the statements but I am not sure if I am doing this correctly. if you let me know how to attached the code, I will attache.

when I do the code check, I get the error but I cannot tell where the error is. I think I have all of the loop statements coded correctly by using the INTO statement. can someone let me know wha the error is as I cannot seem to find it

Edited by: Timothy Hixson on Apr 26, 2010 12:32 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adrian_dorn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>

I think I have all of the loop statements coded correctly by using the INTO statement.

Perhaps you have forgotten to check your READ TABLE statements?

In the OO context not only the LOOPs but also the READ TABLE statements must have a INTO or ASSIGNING or TRANSPORTING NO FIELDS.

13 REPLIES 13

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Show us your code...

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

I am trying to do that but when I add the code, it looks like 1 big paragraph. I do not know how to format it so that it looks like code in a program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Won't your syntax check point to the line? or, if you try to execute, do you get a dump that will point to the line?

0 Kudos

this is abap code in BW. it is a start routine in a BW cube. I think you have to get the code to check correctly and then you can run the process. I am not that fimiliar with BW. the BW person had asked me to help him with the code since he is not that knowledgeable in ABAP.

0 Kudos

I wasn't sure if this should have been posted here or in the BW section

adrian_dorn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>

I think I have all of the loop statements coded correctly by using the INTO statement.

Perhaps you have forgotten to check your READ TABLE statements?

In the OO context not only the LOOPs but also the READ TABLE statements must have a INTO or ASSIGNING or TRANSPORTING NO FIELDS.

0 Kudos

I do not have any read statements

if you tell how to format the code so that it looks presentable, I will attach it

0 Kudos

try again to add the code.

Edited by: Timothy Hixson on Apr 26, 2010 1:08 PM

0 Kudos

I do not have any read statementst

Then I would bet that you have forgotten to check one of your LOOPs...

>

if you tell how to format the code so that it looks presentable, I will attach it

Use the code markup, i.e. write "" at the beginning and at the end of your code.

0 Kudos

I tried that. here is what happens

{{color:red}Moderator message - Please respect the 2,500 character maximum when posting. Post only the relevant portions of code

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Apr 26, 2010 1:19 PM

0 Kudos

Hm, no idea about the formatting issue.

But more important: Here is your READ TABLE without INTO or ASSIGNING:

*-----Calculate MoH

if moh > 0.
         read table RESULT_PACKAGE1 with key calmonth = lv_month_2
                                           material =
                                           RESULT_PACKAGE-material.

0 Kudos

First, I think you need an = sign here.

LOOP AT result_package INTO wa_result_package
            WHERE /bic/zfrc_binv = ''   "<-- RIGHT HERE

And, you have a READ statement but no INTO, in OO context, you just use a INTO or TRANSPORTING NO FIELDS when using READ statement

READ TABLE result_package1 WITH KEY calmonth = lv_month_2
                                        material = result_package-material.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Adrian and Rich,

I stared at that code and I did not see the read statement.

I will correct that.

thanks for the help