Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to know that after the use of BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT, do I still need to check for locked object? I know that for usual BDC call to update any standard table, database update is not usually committed right away. Depending on system performance, the DB commit might not happen right away. Therefore, we sometime need to check for locked object after the BDC. Do I still need to check for lock object after I use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT? I heard that BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT will unlock the related object. Will the DB not commiting issue still happen after the use of BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT? THanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mil,

You are not required to worry of lock objects after BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

Regards,

Atish

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mil,

You are not required to worry of lock objects after BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

Regards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is always good practice to first enqueue, then update and then dequeue the object.

Bapi_transaction_commit is just commit work statement.

It will simply commit your updates to the database. For unlocking the object you have to use dequeue FM for that object.

G@urav.

0 Kudos

Thanks people,

My worry is, once I enqueue the object before the update, and during the update, will it be a problem since I already locked the object? I remember I encountered some issues earlier due to the object is being locked by myself since I did enqueue before the update (through BDC, not BAPI).

former_member15255
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After Executing BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT it is always . As the system locks the object it is always necessary to use CALL FUNCTION 'DEQUEUE_ALL'.

inorder to UNLOCK the object

regards

Suresh Nair