Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program call via SUBMIT

mabue
Discoverer

Is it possible to determine in a program whether this program was called from another program via SUBMIT?

The function module "SYSTEM_CALLSTACK" or the class "CL_ABAP_GET_CALL_STACK" are unfortunately not usable for this.

I am grateful for any hint.

Best wishes

Marco

7 REPLIES 7

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

you could create a SingleTon class in the calling program. But this will not work if you are searching for solution without update calling programs

abo
Active Contributor

where the SingleTon class is the heavier version of the singleton? 😉

(ok, it's friday...)

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

I could do a DP_Single_Ton but matthew.billingham certainly lurk somewhere against Hungarian notation ...

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No (as far as I know).

You need to change the calling program to pass the information (either via EXPORT ... TO MEMORY ID ... or via new parameter).

0 Kudos

Sandra ? you prefer the EXPORT ... IMPORT instead of the SinGlEtOn design pattern ??

0 Kudos

frdric.girod I don't see how singleton pattern can overcome the Internal Session barrier. The singleton will exist only in Internal Session "1", it won't exist in Internal Session "2".

mabue
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sandra, that's a good idea with EXPORT-IMPORT. Why didn't I think of that? 😉

Frederic, if I'm honest, I don't understand how you mean that with the singleton class.