Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing mode of BOPF BO

Ulli_Hoffmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

by calling methode RETRIEVE of the BOPF service manager one can read the data of a node and also specify the processing mode via parameter IV_EDIT_MODE, domain /BOPF/CONF_EDIT_MODE. I always use 02 -> exclusive write,

I would like to request the processing mode at some other point of time, i.e. determine whether the object is in read only or edit mode, but couldn't find any suitable methods.

Any idea how this could be achieved?

Thx and regards,

Ulli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member190794
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ulli;
you could RETRIEVE the object with an optimistic lock. If this works fine (there is no error message in EO_MESSAGE of the RETRIEVE), the object can be changed. If this does not work fine, it is exclusively locked in a parallel session.

Best regards

Tilmann

2 REPLIES 2

former_member190794
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ulli;
you could RETRIEVE the object with an optimistic lock. If this works fine (there is no error message in EO_MESSAGE of the RETRIEVE), the object can be changed. If this does not work fine, it is exclusively locked in a parallel session.

Best regards

Tilmann

0 Kudos

Hi Tilmann,

I was hoping that there'd be a more comfortable solution, but will do it as you've suggested.

thx and regards,

Ulli