Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with MM01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did anybody work on recording (LSMW) MM01?

When I run the batch in foreground, it gave an error on the "Purchasing" tab of screens. It is saying "you cannot accessing purchasing" or something like that.

Any suggestions please? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

BDC is not going to work very well with MM01. You should use the direct input program or use the BAPI BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA.

REgards,

Rich HEilman

0 Kudos

Rich,

Thank you very much for the response. I will try the direct input program. I will let you know. But I am concerned that the input program may not have all the fields that I want to upload.

Is this the same case with Customer Master also? I also need to upload customer master, and not sure whether to use recordig or direct input.

0 Kudos

In my opinion, for loading master data, BDC should always be your last option.

I would search for a standard batch input/direct input program first if none is available then search for a BAPI.

Material Master - RMDATIND / BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA

Customer Master - RFBIDE00

But, when you use standard programs, you cannot populate custom fields. For example, extended address fields for customer. So, you can run a small BDC to update the master record or use one or two func mod to do the same.

0 Kudos

Thank you both very much