Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with formatting Layout set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have modified a Layout set and this layout set is called directly by an ABAP program. The problem is with fields that hold a numeric value gets formatted through some thing which I can’t trace.

Example:

10,000.20 -

is displayed like -

500.346 -

is displayed like -

As you could see the decimal place (“.”) is replaced with comma (“,”). What should I do to get this appear normal. Do remember that the Layout set and the calling ABAP program was not written from scratch by me it was already there and I modified it.

There should be a flag in the calling program that control this format. Pls I need a answer.

Thnkx

Kishan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

don't know what program calls what layout set. In layout set as in program many things are possible to change the formatting; i.e. in sales documents the formatting may be based on the country specifics for the receiving party.

Compare SAP documentation:

The formatting for certain field types depends on the country settings. These field types include, for example, date fields and number fields that include either a decimal point or the 'thousands' separator character. The formatting options defined in the user master record are usually the ones used here. The SET COUNTRY control command can be used to select a formatting option other than that specified in the user master record. The country-dependent formatting options are stored in the T005X table.

Syntax:

/: SET COUNTRY country_key

If you don't find a solution that way, you may identify the wrongly formatted field and check it's filling and formatting inside SAPscript debugger.

Hope it helps,

Clemens Li

Independent Workbench Consultant

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

The first thing to check would be your user profile settings:

System --> User Profile --> Own Data

then go to the defaults TAB. Check the Currency format there.

0 Kudos

Hi Aaron Rose,

I checked my User Profile under the Defaults Tab the Decimal Notation is set to "1,234,567.89". Yet the problem keeps on poping. It has to do something with the calling Program or Layoutset.

Thanks,

Kishan

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

don't know what program calls what layout set. In layout set as in program many things are possible to change the formatting; i.e. in sales documents the formatting may be based on the country specifics for the receiving party.

Compare SAP documentation:

The formatting for certain field types depends on the country settings. These field types include, for example, date fields and number fields that include either a decimal point or the 'thousands' separator character. The formatting options defined in the user master record are usually the ones used here. The SET COUNTRY control command can be used to select a formatting option other than that specified in the user master record. The country-dependent formatting options are stored in the T005X table.

Syntax:

/: SET COUNTRY country_key

If you don't find a solution that way, you may identify the wrongly formatted field and check it's filling and formatting inside SAPscript debugger.

Hope it helps,

Clemens Li

Independent Workbench Consultant