Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with customer text objects in ZDEBMAS definition

Former Member

Hi

We have a Z* version ( ZDEBMAS ) of std customer chg pointer msg type DEBMAS - this ZDEBMAS is a shortened version of DEBMAS

We notice that whenever customer related texts are changed in customer master, change pointer objects with CD class - CUSTTEXT, TABLE-STXH get generated for the DEBMAS msg type. No such change pointer data gets generated for my ZDEBMAS.

I do not see any CD class with 'CUSSTEXT' entry in the definition of DEBMAS message type -bd52.

I basically want to replicate the customer text data change pointer generation functionality for my 'ZDEBMAS' msg type too ? Any pointers so to what I am missing ?

We are at a very critical stage of implementing the Z* solution - any pointers will be rewarded right away ....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check whether change pointer has been configured for your message type using BD50..

Also check whether change pointer is globally activated in the system using BD61..

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim

5 REPLIES 5

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check whether change pointer has been configured for your message type using BD50..

Also check whether change pointer is globally activated in the system using BD61..

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim

0 Kudos

Hi Abdul

Thanks for the quick response. Yes the change pointers are activated globally ( bd61 ) and the change pointer is activated for ZDEBMAS ( bd50 ). The problem here is that - change pointer data gets generated in ZDEBMAS for other customer related fields - the problem is with customer text fields - the change pointer data does not get generated for customer text fields in ZDEBMAS - whereas it gets generated for DEBMAS - I am wondering why and how ?? ( since DEBMAS does not have an explicity CUSTTEXT - object class in its definition ) . Also, when I try to add this object class as a part of ZDEBMAS , I get an error message that this object class does not exist

0 Kudos

hi

also check whether change pointer has been enabled for the respective table fields using BD52.

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim

0 Kudos

Go to transaction BD60 and set the reference message type to DEBMAS.

You'll find that when you save the customer, if text was maintained, function CUSTOMER_TEXTS_CP_CREATE gets called. This function calls function REFMSGTYPE_GET_REDUCE_MSGTYPES passing DEBMAS and returns a list of all message types from TBDME that contain DEBMAS as the reference message type. It then calls CHANGE_POINTERS_CREATE_DIRECT for each message in the list.

0 Kudos

Hi Michael

On target !!!. Thanks a lot for your tip ...i have assigned full points to you....

Karthik.M