Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am having big problems when I try to re-assign an employee to a different position using the BDC method.

If I do from PA40 directly, it works. It delimits the previous position to the date when the new position starts.

But when I try to save the recordings and then do it from there it updates it on the PA side but does not do the same on the org side. To get around that, I go to PP02 transaction and create a relationship from there. Somehow by doing so I get two positions for the same employee in the same date range and the previous position is not delimited.

Please help!!

~Mark

6 REPLIES 6

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

In PP02 why don't you first delimit the old relationship before creating the new one?

Suresh

Message was edited by: Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure this is not a PA-PD integration problem ? Can you do the same manually & check ?

0 Kudos

I have seen BDCs act this way even when PA-PD Integration is turned on. Especially, with position changes..

Regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Yes, I can achieve this manually. Its just that it acts weird when I use BDC. And yes, the PA-PD integration is turned on as well.

~Mark

0 Kudos

Mark,

I remember lodging this issue in OSS a couple of years back. But it was a futile effort and we didn't have enough time. So I ended up adding a few more lines of code to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

P.S. and yes like you said BDCs do act 'weird' sometimes..

Message was edited by: Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure about this, but am just wondering.

Would it be a good idea to run program RHINTE00 (Transfer Org Assignment from PA to PD) after the CALL Transaction usin one PERNR at a time ?