Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Next Page(P+) button for VF02 during BDC(Call Trans)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have doing a BDC program that manipulates the pricind condition of a billing documents(VF02). Naturally we all know the process involves ticking the checkbox of the line item and press "Pricing" to enter the screen number 620(Pricing Condition page).

My problem is that if I try to call the BDC_OKCODE of 'P+' via call transaction in mode 'N', the process doenst run as planned. However, If I use mode 'A', and simulate the process, the BDC appears to work fine.

My superviosr claims the problem is due to related to the table control of the pricing page. My question is what can be done here?

Thanks guys and good day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Is there any way that you can "Position To" instead of scrolling. Is there any button for "Position To" during BDC recording? If so, try to use this instead.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

5 REPLIES 5

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Is there any way that you can "Position To" instead of scrolling. Is there any button for "Position To" during BDC recording? If so, try to use this instead.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

"Is there any way that you can "Position To" instead of scrolling. Is there any button for "Position To" during BDC recording? If so, try to use this instead."

Unfortunaltey none that I can find in VF02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, VF02 does not have that feature of positioning. You are getting this problem due to the table control length online vs background. Your default screen size determines as to how many lines are displayed in a table control and this can be different between online and background. Look at the documentation of CALL TRANSACTION with the option "OPTIONS FROM opt ".

0 Kudos

Srinivas Adavi - Hey thanks for the length online vs background thing. I was able to adjust the program accordingly works fine now.

For Rich - Though not in VF02, I can definatley use what you said in the future.

Points awarded accordingly for both.

0 Kudos

Yep, the position to really helped me in a couple of transactions that would have given me a real problem otherwise.

I have heard about Srinivas suggested before, I never actually had to use it so I didn't want to tell you to do that if I don't know that it works. But now we know.

Good one Srinivas.

Regards,

Rich Heilman