Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with changing the field description of the field VBKD-BSTKD (PO number) in VA01/02/03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am experiencing a problem with changing the field description of the field VBKD-BSTKD (PO number) in VA01/02/03.

I went through CMOD > Goto > Text enhancements > Keywords > Change.

I changed Data element BSTKD (Short field label, Medium field label, Long field label, Heading, Short description) to 'Order' and saved the entries.

In SE11, Database table VBKD, the Field and Data element of BSTKD have Short description 'Order' now, so I thought I had made my change correctly.

But in VA01 however, it still says 'PO number'...

How can I get it changed in VA01?

Note that when I press F1 on the field PO number in VA01, it says 'Order', so at least something was changed..

Thanks in advance for any clues,

Kind regards,
Bart

6 REPLIES 6

former_member212002
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the field label in the module pool of the application.

Thanks, Abhinab

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to Activate again your dynpro ? (SE51)

regards

Fred

viral_bhuva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

The method that you mentioned (CMOD > Goto > Text enhancements > Keywords > Change.) is language dependent so you need to change description for required languages.

Also reactivate screen 4021 in program SAPMV45A. You may use SE51 for the same.

Regards,

Viral Bhuva

vikas_mulay2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Adding to what above comments you can also think of Adjusting the table through SE14.

Go to SE14 ->Give ur table name and press enter->Click 'Activate and Adjust Database'.

The changes must also be reflected to the Database layer instaed of only the Data Dictionary layer.

Regards,

Vikas

kyusufzai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

The description of the field VBKD-BSTKD will appear in sales order (VA01/02/03) Header  Order data tab.

If you notice the text for below one it is PO Number where Number starts with upper-case N and it iis not the one which you changed.

Also this is a hyperlink to sales header order data screen.

You need to enhance the code via sales exit to fix this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for the suggestions, however they do not change the field PO Number on the Create Sales Order: Overview-screen in VA01;

Neither SE14 (Activate and adjust database for table VBKD), nor SE41 (Activate Program SAPMV45A, Screen number 4001)..

Kind regards,
Bart