Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with BAPI's EQMT_CREATE and EQMT_INSTALLFL

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem when calling the two BAPI's mentioned above. According to the OSS notes there is a known problem when these two BAPI's are called in sucession. The second BAPI to be called BAPI_EQMT_INSTALLFL causes an update termination. The main problem is that we are on 3.1i the notes are only in support of versions 4x or greater.

I have tried a number of things to get this to work including:

Clearing locks on EQUI,

Inserting a commit work of my own,

Calling the BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT and BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK.

I have checked OSS notes 352120, 154546, 311367, 175902, 176663 and 630363 without a solution. I have changed the two BAPI's to have an additional parameter as per note 352120 but the receiving FORM has only 4 parameters and the OSS note is to implement an additional parameter in the PREFORM and does not include the change for the actual FORM. So I backed that out again.

Has anyone else come across this problem and more importantly has anyone come up with a solution other than coding a BDC to install the FLOC, I could do that but I want to use the BAPI. If all else fails I may end up using BDC.

Dave

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just for your reference there is a standard function module

<b>IDOC_INPUT_PIECEOFEQUIPMENT_IN</b>

, which in turn calls this BAPI - BAPI_EQMT_INSTALLFL.

Please check, how it functions.

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul

0 Kudos

That FM you refer to does not exist in 3.1i.

thanks anyway

Former Member
0 Kudos

what Error u are getting ?

check tcode SM13

Regards

prabhu

0 Kudos

The return codes from the BAPI's are correct they show and 'S' for sucess. then I get an express message in my inbox informing me that the "Update was terminated" the equipment is created from first BAPI but the equipment is not installed at the FLOC.

Dave

0 Kudos

Along with the "Update was terminated" a short dump is happening in the background. The dump is a RAISE_EXCEPTION and relates to

"Exception condition "STATUS_INCONSISTENT" raised."

Dave

0 Kudos

Hi

Please Try this out...

First call the first BAPI in this way

data: w_task(10).

move '1234567890' to w_task.

call function 'BAPI_EQMT_CREATE' starting new task w_task
    exporting

*--- Wait for 1 or 2 second
wait for 2 seconds.

clear w_task.

move '1234567890' to w_task.

call function 'BAPI_EQMT_INSTALLFL'  starting new task w_task
    exporting

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

0 Kudos

Atul,

Thanks for your proposed solution but unfortunately I cannot use it because I need to be able to get the Equipment number back from the the BAPI_EQMT_CREATE and what you have proposed does not allow for FM import parameters.

Dave

0 Kudos

Hi

Instead of NEW TASK use..

IN UPDATE TASK Addition with the function call as well.

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

0 Kudos

Short dump CALL_FUNCTION_NO_VB

The function module "BAPI_EQMT_INSTALLFL" was called with the addition

"... IN UPDATE TASK".

However, it is not flagged in the Function Library as executable in the update task.

Dave

0 Kudos

Anyone got any bright Ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David ,

No need to Look for Note to resolve this issue, Just Debug there FM calls of that BAPI , Then u will come to know y it is raising Short DUMP.

<b>FM EQUIPMENT_INSTALL_PREPARE

FM 'STATUS_CHANGE_FOR_ACTIVITY'</b>

Regards

Prabhu