Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while running BDC in background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing error while running BDC program in background. But if I run the program in foreground i found it success.

Please suggest the solution ASAP..

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you will be calling the "call transaction" inside the loop..Usually, there will be lock on the table which is getting updated..

The table would be locked when "call transaction" statement executes. Can you wait until the lock is removed from the table which is getting updated and then try executing the CALL TRANSACTION statement..

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you are using the parameters correctly

CALL TRANSACTION 'TX01' USING T_BDCDATA

MODE P_MODE

UPDATE 'S'

MESSAGES INTO LT_BDCMSG.

Get the error messages in LT_BDCMSG to understand the errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you will be calling the "call transaction" inside the loop..Usually, there will be lock on the table which is getting updated..

The table would be locked when "call transaction" statement executes. Can you wait until the lock is removed from the table which is getting updated and then try executing the CALL TRANSACTION statement..

Former Member
0 Kudos

in additional above replies:

r u fetching data from local desk top? if so, transfer it into application server.

r u using export/import statements? if so, change them.

And for which T code ur doing bdc? wht is the error ur getting?

thanq